Please see my Google Scholar page for an up-to-date list of publications.
Funding and awards
- Veni Postdoctoral Fellowship, €250,000 over 4 years, August 2017 - July 2021
- Travel Grant, EPSRC Network+ on Human-Like Computing, £2,500 to support visit from UK collaborators
- KNAW Conference Fund €6,000 to support Applied Category Theory Lorentz Center Workshop May 2018
- Lorentz Center Applied Category Theory Workshop and School €25,000, May 2018
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Account Scholarship. Awarded by Bristol Centre for Complexity Sciences. 4 years scholarship including fees, stipend and travel allowance. October 2010.
- Poster prize, Department of Informatics Poster Competition, University of Sussex, May 2010.
- Theobald Studdy Exhibitioner, awarded by Balliol College, Oxford 2001-2003.
- Proceedings of the 2021 Workshop on Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science
- Journal of Cognitive Science Special Issue Parts 1 and 2: Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science
- Journal of Applied Logics Special Issue: Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science: Compositional Approaches in NLP, Physics, and Social Sciences
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science: Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science
- Compositionality in Conceptual Spaces, Workshop on New ideas in Cognitive Science, Research Center on Cognitive Sciences, Universidad de Talca, October 2021
- Quantum Theory in Natural Language Processing, Tutorial at Conference on Quantum Physics and Logic, June 2021 video
- Building Density Matrices for Words from Text Corpora, QNLP at Quantum Week of Fun, September 2020 video
- Towards Logical Negation for Compositional Distributional Semantics, keynote talk, Applied Category Theory Conference July 2020
- Compositionality in Semantic Spaces, Bristol AI and Language Colloquium, March 2020
- Compositional Hyponymy with Positive Operators, First Quantum NLP Workshop, Oxford, December 2019
- Compositionality in Semantic Spaces, ILLC Departmental Talk, October 2019
- Language Change and Concept Composition, D-IEP Workshop on Emergence, Dutch Institute of Emergent Phenomena, May 2019.
- Interacting Conceptual Spaces, CRC Colloquium, Düsseldorf, April 2019
- Compositionality in Vector Space Models of Meaning, LUNCH Talks, ILLC, February 2019
- Compositionality in Semantic Spaces, Second Symposium on Compositional Structures, Glasgow, December 2018
- Compositionality in Linguistics and Cognition, Second Workshop on Open Games, July 2018
- Compositionality in Vector Space Models of Meaning, Faculty of Science Colloquium, July 2018
- Ambiguity, Entailment, and Functional Words in Categorical Compositional Distributional Semantics, Utrecht University, December 2017
- Compositionality in Conceptual Spaces, Concept Learning and Reasoning in Conceptual Spaces, Ruhr-University, Bochum, October 2017
- Graded Entailment for Compositional Distributional Semantics, Workshop on Statistical and Logical Models of Meaning, July 2016, NASSLLI 2016
- Interacting Conceptual Spaces, Workshop on Reasoning in Conceptual Spaces, June 2016, ILLC University of Amsterdam
- A Compositional Explanation of the ‘Pet Fish’ Phenomenon, December 2015, NLP Seminar, Computational Linguistics Lab, Queen Mary University of London